Home Renovation & Extensions
No matter how big or small your home renovation, home extension or custom new home is or what style of house you call home, Big Small Haus is ready to help you reimagine your home. When you work with Big Small Haus, every stage of your home renovation is taken care of. Whatever stage of your renovation project you are in, speaking with one of our team of renovation experts can help you move forward smoothly. Get in touch with Big Small Haus to discuss your home renovation project If you would like to discuss home renovation options for your next renovation project, please use the enquiry form on this page to provide us with your contact details. We will get in touch with you at a time that suits you to discuss your project.
Brisbane Home Renovations & Extensions
Thinking about customising, renovating or extending your home can be a daunting task, especially if you are unsure where to start and what the process is. Whilst the building process can feel overwhelming, at Big Small Haus we want you to have confidence and know our simple process is based on a collaborative and transparent approach. Our involvement in the early stages allows us to provide budget expectations and assist with the design and pre-construction process. If you have already obtained plans, we can offer pricing and guidance to suit your needs.
When comparing builders it’s important to look at design, price, quality and customer service. Our process is collaborative and 100% transparent, resulting in the home you’ve always dreamt of, within your budget. Our extensive experience, attention to detail, and long-standing relationships with local tradespeople and suppliers mean we are the ideal partners for your building project.
You should never feel intimidated to ask questions or to clarify your knowledge by requesting a free consultation with us.
Get a Free Quote Today
Our Building & Renovation Process
Our building process has a framework that is tailored to suit your project and to ensure we can make your dream home a reality. With any building project, these are a few key questions you need to ask yourself before engaging a builder.
- What are you looking to achieve?
- What is the extent of the scope of work?
- Have you researched which local builders you might like to work with?
- Which builders have the experience best suited to your project?
- Do you have a realistic budget for the project?
Once you have an understanding of the above please send us an enquiry and we will be in touch to make sure we are the right builder for your home.
If you’re looking for fast, reliable carpenters in Brisbane then you need look no further than Big Small Haus. We have a positive team of highly skilled carpenters who have the quality expertise and skills you need, no matter how big or small the job. We take on a variety of projects from Home renovations, extensions, additions, luxury customer new homes and commercial carpentry contracts including the installation of frames, windows, cladding, soffits & eaves, fix out & final fit, decks & pergolas.
Update those key rooms, like your master bedroom, ensuite, kitchens, bathrooms, and laundries.
Your bathroom sets the tone of your home and it needs to be functional and stylish. Plus any bathroom renovations are a great way to increase the value of your home. No matter your reasons, we’ll create a stunning custom bathroom that incorporates your personal style and give your home a brand new feel.
Custom kitchens or makeovers designed for you and your lifestyle. Kitchens need to incorporate your lifestyle, and your tastes to create the perfect space. Create the kitchen you’ve always wanted with just a few adjustments. Our team can totally transform your kitchen by updating your cabinetry, fittings and fixtures, and benchtops.
Timber deck construction utilising premium hardwood materials to enhance outdoor lifestyle and entertaining areas.
Secondary Dwelling & Granny Flats
Many people have looked out into their yard and have had the same thought – “Look at all that empty space that’s just going to waste”. If you have the space an extension or a secondary dwelling can add a lot of value to your home.
Extend the current footprint of your home with an extension into the backyard.
Short on block space? We can maintain the current space on the block and build an additional level on your home.
Raise and Build Under
For classic houses we can lift your home and build additional living space underneath. This is a great way to maintain the current space on the block whilst creating more living space.
Our Brisbane Building Service Areas
- Albion Home Renovations & Extensions
- Alderley Home Renovations & Extensions
- Ascot Home Renovations & Extensions
- Aspley Home Renovations & Extensions
- Bald Hills Home Renovations & Extensions
- Banyo Home Renovations & Extensions
- Boondall Home Renovations & Extensions
- Bracken Ridge Home Renovations & Extensions
- Bridgeman Downs Home Renovations & Extensions
- Brighton Home Renovations & Extensions
- Brisbane Airport Home Renovations & Extensions
- Carseldine Home Renovations & Extensions
- Chermside Home Renovations & Extensions
- Chermside West Home Renovations & Extensions
- Clayfield Home Renovations & Extensions
- Deagon Home Renovations & Extensions
- Eagle Farm Home Renovations & Extensions
- Everton Park Home Renovations & Extensions
- Ferny Grove Home Renovations & Extensions
- Fitzgibbon Home Renovations & Extensions
- Gaythorne Home Renovations & Extensions
- Geebung Home Renovations & Extensions
- Gordon Park Home Renovations & Extensions
- Grange Home Renovations & Extensions
- Hamilton Home Renovations & Extensions
- Hendra Home Renovations & Extensions
- Kalinga Home Renovations & Extensions
- Kedron Home Renovations & Extensions
- Keperra Home Renovations & Extensions
- Lutwyche Home Renovations & Extensions
- McDowall Home Renovations & Extensions
- Mitchelton Home Renovations & Extensions
- Myrtletown Home Renovations & Extensions
- Newmarket Home Renovations & Extensions
- Northgate Home Renovations & Extensions
- Nudgee Home Renovations & Extensions
- Nudgee Beach Home Renovations & Extensions
- Nundah Home Renovations & Extensions
- Pinkenba Home Renovations & Extensions
- Sandgate Home Renovations & Extensions
- Shorncliffe Home Renovations & Extensions
- Stafford Home Renovations & Extensions
- Stafford Heights Home Renovations & Extensions
- Taigum Home Renovations & Extensions
- Virginia Home Renovations & Extensions
- Wavell Heights Home Renovations & Extensions
- Wilston Home Renovations & Extensions
- Windsor Home Renovations & Extensions
- Wooloowin Home Renovations & Extensions
- Zillmere Home Renovations & Extensions
Get in touch to discuss your building project
If you would like to discuss renovation or extension options, please use the enquiry form below. We will get in touch with you at a time that suits you to discuss your project.
Get Your Deam Home
At Big Small Haus we aim to make your experience simple. Usually the order of a bathroom remodel is the following:
Please contact us so we can establish your projects exact requirements & expectations.
The next step is to commence designing your home. This can be coordinated by us or through an architect/building designer of your choosing.
We will offer guidance and advice and assist in determining which planning approvals will be required. Building Approval (BA) is required on most residential construction projects. You may also require Development Approval (DA) if triggered under the relevant Council Planning Scheme. A building certifier or private town planning consultant can confirm whether you will need development approval, or alternatively you can enquire with Council. When all plans & specifications are approved, a Building Permit is issued allowing construction to begin.
Once a building permit is issued and a contract entered, construction will begin. All work will be carried out in a proper and workmanlike manner in accordance with the plans and specifications set out in the contract.
We are obligated to notify the certifier at certain stages of construction to carry out important inspections. These include:
- Footings & piers
- Frame & Truss
- Final inspection
Once these mandatory inspections are completed, a final completion certificate is issued to Council. Now it is time to enjoy your new home
Yes our building quotes are free. We do encourage clients to engage a Building Designer as soon as possible if you don’t have plans ready.
Big Small Haus has a team of carpenters on hand across the Brisbane Inner Suburbs and Gold Coast. Whatever carpentry services you might require, no matter how niche we can provide verififed carpenters or a team. We specialise in bespoke renovations and extesnions so if you need a local team to help you realise your vision for your home we’d be delighted to hear from you.
Carpentery quotes can often be provided over the phone or with a site visit to see the extent of the work that needs doing and provide you with a quote.
The terms ‘renovation’ and ‘extension’ are often used interchangeably, but they refer to different types of construction projects. Both will add value to your home and improve its livability. Renovations or ‘renos’ is about repairing or updatiung the existing building.
- Remove internal walls and update your house layout to something that accommodates a modern family better
- Update your old and tired kitchen into a modern functional space
- Or, change the bathroom into your sanctuary
An extension is when you add onto your house by adding more rooms or make an existing one larger while an addition is a vertical extension.
A horizontal extension means you will lose some of your yard, while a vertical extension will give you the extra space you need without having to sacrifice any of your land. The choice to go out or go up will depend on a number of factors including:
- Your blcok size and the amount of available land to extend outwards
- Trees on your land that will be impacted by expanding out
- Height restrictions specific to your property
- Stairs – a vertical extension will require a new staircase
- Privacy and access to sunlight for you and your neighbours
- Council restrictions may prevent you from extending both out and up, so it’s essential to check with your local council first.
Prime Cost (PC) Allowances: Allowances in a contract sum to purchase a specified item such as tiles, taps, doors or bathroom fittings. An agreed estimated amount is included at contract signing but the specific products are not selected until a later stage.
Provisional Sum Allowances: An allowance included in a fixed price contract for an item of work that cannot be priced by the contractor at the time of entering the contract.
The typical cost of raising a Queenslander is around $25,000. This includes raising, post and beams.